Alaina Fotiu-Wojtowicz is a founding shareholder of BFW. Ms. Fotiu-Wojtowicz is an experienced trial lawyer and has tried cases in federal and state court. She has won numerous multi-million dollar jury verdicts for her clients in both commercial and personal injury cases. She represents corporations, business entities, and individuals in a variety of complex commercial business disputes, and routinely represents individuals who have suffered life altering personal injuries.
Prior to founding the firm, she was a partner at the litigation boutique, Michael S. Olin, P.A., where she focused her practice on personal injury and complex commercial litigation. Ms. Fotiu-Wojtowicz began her career by serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge William P. Dimitrouleas in District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Ms. Fotiu-Wojtowicz serves on the Adjunct Faculty at the University of Miami School of Law where she teaches an upper level course on Florida Civil Procedure and a seminar on Voting Rights and Election Law.
Ms. Fotiu-Wojtowicz is active in the South Florida community. She currently serves on the board of directors of the South Florida Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, sits on the Leadership Counsel for POSSE Miami, chairs the board of directors for Seraphic Fire, and captains numerous tennis teams in leagues sanctioned by the USTA and WTT.
Legal Public Service:
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Williams P. Dimitrouleas in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter
- Member, Adjunct Faculty, University of Miami School of Law
- Chair, Board of Directors, Seraphic Fire
- Member, Leadership Counsel, POSSE Miami
- USTA and WTT League Captain
Awards and Recognition:
- Named a Florida Legal Elite “Up and Comer” by Florida Trend Magazine
- Named a “Rising Star” in “Florida Super Lawyers Magazine”
- Inducted to the Oberlin College Athletics Hall of Fame
- Adam M. Moskowitz & Alaina Fotiu-Wojtowicz, Capper-Volstead: An Overview of the Act and its Purpose, E & I UPDATE (Exemptions & Immunities Comm., Section of Antitrust Law, A.B.A.) Fall 2009, at 4